Sunday, March 9, 2014

Cabin Fever

It was 6º when I crawled out of bed this morning.   That's actually an improvement — a 12º rise — over a couple days ago when it was -6º.  We are starting to get more seasonal weather, e.g., in the 30s for our high.  But it is still darn cold.

The front entrance (left) and garage across the snow piles.
My woodpile is greatly diminished.  I expect I'll go through
most of my split wood before winter fades away.
Lake Esau remains frozen over.  We expect the ice will not
melt until the end of April, if then.  No spring swimming!
I confess I am getting tired of winter and developing a light case of cabin fever.  The parishioner at Grace Church who leads Morning Prayer on 2nd Sundays is recovering from surgery.  That means I do three Sundays in a row (1st, 2nd, and 3rd), so my opportunities for getting out of town are more limited.    I wouldn't mind a few days in warm weather! •••

No comments:

Post a Comment